Turns out the day DID did get better, my gramma just told me she's getting married!!!!
Her first husband passed away when I was in 4th grade and this guy, Wayne, who she's been with for like a year or two was her high school sweet heart, or something, but they weren't allowed to get married because it would have been a mixed marriage...but not between races (as I would think most people would think), it was a mixed marriage between religion. She was a lutheran and he was a catholic; therefore their parents wouldn't allow them to be married and they were forced to break up. Somehow, several years down the road, after both of them had a grown family (with several grandchildren) and both their sposes had passed away, they found each other. It seems like they didnt miss anything between them, like they picked up just as if they were never apart! Although I am more than happy for both of them, this makes me think about a few things...
1. If they seem to love each other so much after all these years, did they ever really love their sposes? Did my gramma ever really love my grandpa? He passed away when I was so young that I don't know what their relationship was like... I'm assuming that they did love their sposes but not as much as they loved each other...but I guess I really don't know...
2. They plan to get married after the new year (for tax purposes) but I think gramma would move out as soon as the house sells. No one knows when or if the house will sell, so all that is up in the air. Obviously, if gramma moves out, so do I... that means I would have to move back home and either spend gas money coming to and from Freeport everyday, or try to find an apartment to move into! I really don't know what to do and there isn't anything we can do until the house is sold. Gramma says that houses around here are not selling very well, there are probably about ten houses for sale right now in this development. However, I have a feeling gramma will do everything she can to sell this house... But what does that mean for her loving grandaughter...?
3. What will happen at Christmas? Will the whole family go to her "new" (Wayne's) house? That would be wierd... I don't really know Wayne...
4. What is Wayne's family to me? Considering he would be like my step-grandpa, does that mean that his children and grandchildren are my step-aunts and uncles and step-cousins?
5. Gramma just told me she's going to bed...its 7:41! WTF?!
6. Ok, so 5 doesnt really have anything to do with this...and I guess that means either does 6... whatev
:)
Go Cubs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think they had to love their spouses. It seems like it would be near impossible not to, after being with each other for so long and having children.
But what do I know, I suppose that's just the romantic idealist in me :)
I love that your grandma is getting married though. It gives me hope that I can find love sometime, even if it takes me years and years.
1.) That's a very cool story :)
2.) If you are worried about paying for the apartment I'm sure there are a few people you know that would love to stay with you, especially the ones that are going home as it is.
3.) If you come home then I get to see you! And I wouldn't worry about the gas going to and fro.. it would possibly add up to the amount of gas you would use just driving around Stockton like you used to anyway. :) And I know how much you do like driving soo... come home so I get to see you!
p.s. this is Christine
Post a Comment